Cologne attractions Voir tout 

EL-DE Haus

In 1934, a jeweler by the name of Leonard Dahlen rented his shop to the National Socialist Party, better known as the Nazis. Officially, the building was repurposed as the Nazi Documentation Center, but the Nazis soon set up the shop as the headquarters of the Gestapo, the party’s secret police. Its basement made room for cells and torture stations, where a parade of the regime’s victims - Jews, Roma, homosexuals and other political enemies - were imprisoned and treated savagely for the better part of a decade. Miraculously, when most of Cologne was destroyed during the Allies’ bombardment, the EL-DE Haus remained completely intact.

Today, the building is a memorial to the victims of the Nazi’s fascist regime.

In 1981, the government opened the basement to the public and in 1987, the Nazi Documentation Center was also opened, permanently featuring an exhibit detailing life in Cologne under the National Socialist government.

Visites et billets

Voir tout

Journée d’excursion Mémorial du camp de concentration de Dachau et Troisième Reich au départ de Munich

2 avis

Participez à cette excursion d'une journée complète en petit groupe qui combine une visite du Mémorial du camp de concentration de Dachau ...  Plus d'infos

  • Lieu : Munich, Allemagne
  • Durée : 8 heures
  • Langue : Anglais
à partir de 65,26 USD