Langues de l'excursion
- Visite en petit groupe
- Guide professionnel, sympathique et instructif
- Choix idéal pour les familles
- Choix populaire, rapidement complet
- Visite entièrement commentée
- Tous droits d'entrée inclus
Next, you'll wind along mango groves and trees of the Nanawale Forest Reserve, stopping to check out the lava flow that caused evacuations in the town of Pahoa. Learn how the lava crept into the town, burning a few homes and oozing up against commercial buildings.
Along the way and during brief stops, view the dramatic scenery formed when hot lava met the cool sea. Kaimu Black Sand Beach, once the site of Queen's Bath, is about a 15-minute walk over old lava flows. Learn how the small town was destroyed by a lava flow in 1990 and view the active volcanic vent in the distance. Your guide shows you a photo exhibit featuring how the area looked prior to the eruption, now being reclaimed by the rainforest.
Afterward, continue on into Lava Tree State Park, where long ago lava burst out of fissures onto ohia trees, leaving indelible lava molds. Visit Ahalanui’s warm springs and see how water travels through lava tubes to become volcanically heated (swimming prohibited). At Volcanoes National Park, see more evidence of Kilauea volcano and the massive caldera at the Visitor Center overlook, and a walk through a lava tube.
Your guide also makes a stop that overlooks sea cliffs where crashing waves are hidden among salt cedar pine trees. Take a drive through a macadamia nut orchard for a sampling and to purchase lunch, and visit the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens before your tour ends with return transport to the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Hilo port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Sélectionnez un mois pour afficher le calendrier des disponibilités et le détail des départs.
(This is subject to change due to ship's itinerary)
Cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous pour vérifier le prix et la disponibilité pour la date de voyage qui vous intéresse. Nos tarifs sont constamment mis à jour afin que vous puissiez toujours bénéficier du meilleur prix possible.
Code : DEFAULT
à partir de
Kalapana town covered by lava
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Free infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat - Considered to be a lap child
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide ship name
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; light jacket recommended
- Moderate tour - Involves walking over relatively level terrain, possible gravel, lava or uneven ground. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Bring camera, hat and sunglasses
- A stop is made to purchase food
- Exact departure time may vary depending on the cruise ship's disembarkation time
- Can only be booked by cruise passengers
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Si vous annulez de 3 à 6 jours avant la date de départ prévue, des frais d'annulation de 50 % seront appliqués.
Si vous annulez au moins 2 jours avant la date de départ prévue, des frais d'annulation de 100 % seront appliqués.