We will venture into the rainforest on a 9-day trekking/expedition experience, taking us to a remote area in the rainforest.
We will fish in some of the giant river and it is very likely that every night see anacondas, caimans, tree snakes, mammals and of course chase the illusive cat animals with our cameras and powerful head torches.
Langues de l'excursion
- Rencontre au plus près de la faune sauvage
- Conseils avertis d'une personne de la région
- Approchez au plus près de la faune indigène
- Observez la faune et la flore indigènes dans leur environnement naturel
- Équipement de plongée avec tuba inclus
- Plats végétariens disponibles
We meet the local guides and have a short briefing before we are driven to the foot of the mountains. From here the trekking begins.
We will have two days of trekking alongside the edge of the mountains. An approximate total of 16 kilometers will need to be covered while trekking through the beautiful rainforest.
First day we will go trough the technique of setting up a camp for the night.
When the camp is once again packed in our backpacks we will trek the last 8 kilometers to get to our permanent camp deep in the jungle. We will go through more technical stuff of living in the base and prepare for a comfortable stay.
The afternoon will be used for fishing after some of the giants and piranhas living in the creek running next to the camp.
Every night will be spend walking the forest with our local guides to spot some of the animals in the area. An abundance of tree snakes live in and around camp and with the right luck we will be able to spot some of these on the many walks.
We will leave the permanent camp on day 5 or 6 to take the trek back towards civilization again. Moving on the cleared path and camp on the way.
Upon arrival back in Nappi a 4X4 will pick us up and drive us back to Lethem for a relaxing night.
There will be chances of putting up small traditional survival shelters in the trees that will give an ideal chance of taking pictures of some of the many shy mammals that live in the area.
We will try to dive with bow and arrow to fish in the crystal clear water. We will fish from above the surface with bow and arrow and the locals can demonstrate hunting in the forest with bow and arrow if wished to see by participants.
Overall a good mix of wildlife and nature experiences, physical efforts and technical insight in the art of living in the jungle.
Sélectionnez un mois pour afficher le calendrier des disponibilités et le détail des départs.
Cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous pour vérifier le prix et la disponibilité pour la date de voyage qui vous intéresse. Nos tarifs sont constamment mis à jour afin que vous puissiez toujours bénéficier du meilleur prix possible.
- 2 days in Lethem, no meals included (1 day prior, 1 day after tour)
- 7 days of guiding in the Kanuku Mountains
- 20 Meals and snacks (7 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 6 Dinner)
- Drinks (Tea, Coffee, cool aid)
- Village fee
- Transportation 4x4 in/out Nappi Village
- All activities as mentioned in program
- Personal travel insurance (This is a must! Nobody is allowed to participate in the tour without being able to give policy number, emergency contact number and name of insurance company)
- Transportation to Lethem
- Gratitude (recommended)
- Any meals not mentioned in program
- Any activities not mentioned in program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
What to bring:
- 2 X outdoor pants (Daytime / Nighttime set)
- 2 X Outdoor shirt (Daytime / Nighttime set)
- 3 X Good socks (Trekking type)
- 3 X Underwear (Fast drying preferable)
- 1 X Good trekking boots (Jungle boots Preferable)
- Head torch 40 lumens+ (possible to lent)
- Batteries for Head torch
- Backpack 70 liters+ (possible to lent)
- Dry bags - 4 minimum 3 x 20+ liters &1 x 10-15 liters
- Personal medic kit (you need to be able to look after small injuries like cuts and blisters from your own kit: You will need Zinc oxide tape, antiseptic wipes, assorted plasters, gloves, wound dressings x 2, re-hydration sachets x 12, blister dressing, tweezers, scissors, anti-fungal cream, hydro-cortisone cream, foot powder, pain killers, Vaseline.)
- Crocks (Yes you heard correct these gives your feet a chance to breathe and get air while protecting from spikes and bites)
- Bathing clothes
- Malaria Tablets (Talk with your doctor)
- Vaccination card
- Mosquito repellent (50% DEET is sufficient)
- Pocket money (Alcohol, tips for guides, snacks)
- Foot powder (Anti fungal type)
- Sun hat (Good for the time on the river)
- Personal hygiene (Soap, Toothbrush, Tooth paste)
- Watch (Waterproof type)
- Camera equipment (Remember to bring additional water protection such as dry bags for this! It is your own responsibility to take care of it in this environment)
What do we supply:
- Mosquito net
- Eating kit
- Cooking equipment
- Sitting mat
- Fire strikers
- Belt kit
- Advanced Medical kit
- Satellite phone