The yearly Rodeo in Lethem and the hundreds of ranches laying spread over the endless savanna, have all helped to create this interesting identity.
This tour gives you a chance to try the creole horse which is the typical race in the area. We will talk about history and traditions, show you the rodeo arena and ride on the savanna crossing creeks and land on these fantastic animals on a one day tour.
Langues de l'excursion
Before mounting the horses we will talk about horses and the many interesting facts about their life in the Rupununi.
Depending on the riding level of the guest, we will test the horses in the soft sand in the arena and let them get use to the person riding them.
Then we set of on the savanna. Slowly we will move away from Lethem and out on the Savanna. We will cross small creeks and ride in towards the Kanuku Mountains. At a suited place we will stop and tie the horses to do some grassing while we sit down in the shade of a tree and make a small fire where we can boil water for coffee and tea.
There will be plenty of chances of getting pictures of the beautiful scenery, parrots in the palms and other birds around the creeks. Depending on where we are at which time, there is even a chance of spotting Giant Ant eaters. The biggest of its kind in the whole world.
Going back towards Lethem there will be a chance to take a dip in the refreshing water in the creek. We let the horses come in the water and train a little swimming if the water is high enough. After this we move home towards the city once again.
We will ride in to Lethem to drop the guests of at the hotel or another suited location. After this, the tour ends.
Please note: The sun is likely be very hot and we therefore advice that you where sun screen. Even if you normally would go without. Wear long sleeved shirt and jeans to protect against biting insects and scratches and blisters from riding equipment.
Helmet is optional but will be offered. If a guest does not accept this offer they have to sign a document saying they understand the risk of riding without.
Horses are animals and all riding is at own risk. We have good and predictable tourist horses but horseback riding as an activity always comes at a risk.
Participants do not need to have prior experience with riding but it is an advantage. Every tour will be created to suit the guest. If we at any time feel that the activity is hazardous and the guest cannot control the horse. We reserve the right to terminate the tour without giving refunds back.
Sélectionnez un mois pour afficher le calendrier des disponibilités et le détail des départs.
Cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous pour vérifier le prix et la disponibilité pour la date de voyage qui vous intéresse. Nos tarifs sont constamment mis à jour afin que vous puissiez toujours bénéficier du meilleur prix possible.
Riding the savanna
- Professional guide
- Horse and equipment
- Coffee and tea
- Cowboy hat
- Hydration system
- Personal travel insurance (This is a must! Nobody is allowed to participate in the tour without being able to give policy number, emergency contact number and name of insurance company)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any meals not mentioned in program
- Any activities not mentioned in program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note: Participants do not need to have prior experience with riding but it is an advantage. Every tour will be created to suit the guest. If we at any time feel that the activity is hazardous and the guest cannot control the horse. We reserve the right to terminate the tour without giving refunds back
- The sun is likely be very hot and we therefore advice that you where sun screen. Even if you normally would go without. Wear long sleeved shirt and jeans to protect against biting insects and scratches and blisters from riding equipment
- Minimum age is 18 years