Viator utilise les cookies pour améliorer votre expérience en ligne. Lisez plus d'informations ou modifiez vos paramètres. En continuant, vous donnez votre accord quant à notre utilisation des cookies.
L'adresse e-mail ou le mot de passe que vous avez saisi(e) est incorrect(e). Si vous avez oublié votre mot de passe, veuillez le réinitialiser. Cliquez ici
Admirez les aurores boréales magiques lors de cette visite en soirée de 4 heures en petit groupe, limitée à un maximum de 10 personnes. Montez à bord d'une puissante Super Jeep pour quitter le centre de Reykjavik et rejoindre un emplacement spécialement choisi par votre guide pour sa vue dégagée qui augmente les chances de voir des aurores boréales.
We booked our tour for our first night in Iceland. The weather was not cooperating so we had to reschedule it for the following night. Again the weather was not good for it so we canceled again and rescheduled for our last and final night in Iceland, The weather was not looking good but when I called the tour company and asked, they said we were still on. I asked multiple times because the forecast was the same as the days before but knowing it was our last day, the tour company proceeded. Even when we were picked up, the tour guide knew we were not going to see the lights. He said we had a slim chance of seeing them because the weather. We spent all night out searching under a complete overcast. The tour guide was even asking us which direction we should try and drive to. We were exhausted and had no sleep for our flight the following early morning. I don't blame the weather on the company. I just wish the tour company didn't lie to us and just refunded our money instead of dragging us out knowing there was no chance.
If I could give more stars I would. This was incredible. Our hosts couldn't have been better. We were in Reykjavik for four days and there was very little light action. Due to weather tours were cancelled but this one night the buses were all heading out to the frozen lake where clear skies were forecast. We didn't see the lights at the lake but because of the commitment of our tour guides, we did see them that night. Extreme adventure - if there is one thing you must do in Reykjavik, this is it. Maybe not for the faint hearted though.
While we were unlucky not to see the Lights I will still give this tour five stars. The driver was a pleasure and did his very best to find a gap in the clouds, even at the cost of a very late return. The Super Jeep was an amazing vehicle and we off-roaded through the mountains on snow and ice, over rocks, which was fair compensation for missing the real show. Maybe next time..?
Yes, it was cold. Our guide used available technology and ongoing tips from other guides to find us an ideal spot to await the Aurora Borealis. It was worth the wait! Truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since our cameras weren't able to do justice to the moment, our guide also volunteered to take our group picture and send it along note: it was 12/30- we're still awaiting the photo please don't forget us!.
The Super Jeep was comfortable and warm. Members of our party needing assistance had a boost up from portable stairs. Nothing was left to chance.
Thanks for the opportunity to experience a dream.
The tour was good. but be forewarned, if there are no northern lights to be seen it is a total waste of money. We did not see any northern lights the night we went out, just cold, cold, cold and totally boring. I can only imagine what it would have been like to see the dazzling lights.
We left in really poor weather. I was unsure about seeing the lights and thought that the trip should have been cancelled since the skies were so cloudy. However the guide said there was a 50:50 chance of seeing the lights so the tour went ahead. I understand that nature is unpredictable and sighting is not assured, but deciding to proceed in poor weather is surely avoidable. I would have been much less disappointed if we did not see the lights but had left in reasonable weather conditions. It felt like the tour company wanted to proceed rather than risk a cancellation and blame the outcome on nature.